Sunday, January 5, 2014

Craft Room Inspiration Board

Happy Sunday Funday all! I am certainly feeling more cheerful now that the weather is looking up and is above 0 degrees farenheit- always a plus!

Today, I decided to do something to my craft room that I've been meaning to do for quite a while now - an inspiration board. I've seen this on Pinterest many times and it always seemed to me like a good idea. So I got to it.

Now, here's the before:
Yup, it's a wall. A very boring, very plain wall. I thought it needed some spicing up.

I got together my supplies, which includes fabric remnants from Joann's (about a dollar a piece) and some cork board. I found this set of four at Joann's for about $3.
Next, as these fabric remnants spent the last 4 months in a bag on my craft room floor, I had to iron out the wrinkles.
Once ironed, I laid out the fabric on the floor wrong side up and set the cork board on top of it. I then cut around it, about an inch on each side.
Next, I folded up the edges and, making sure it was tight, stapled down the four corners. Make sure when you staple that the edges don't go all the way through to the other side. Mine went through all of the cork, but did not go through the front fabric, so that worked fine.
Next, I took my hot glue gun and glued all the way around the edges to make sure that baby stayed tight and didn't pucker in front.
From there, it was just a matter of using the sticky hangers that came with the cork board to affix the board to the wall. You can do this in whatever pattern you would like - I went for a plus sign to get a little positivity to the place that I often find myself swearing like a sailor. Now, I can hang any sewing ideas, instructions, inspiration pics, etc. right there in front of my face. I figure this may be an easy way to remind myself of my New Years resolutions as well. Bonus.

Check out my not-so plain ol' wall now!

No comments:

Post a Comment