Happy... Friday? Yup, it's Friday. Sorry about yesterday - I've been a bit under the weather lately so I wasn't in much mood to sew, so this one is going to be a bit of a throwback.
I started out with this green garment that I didn't know what to call it. Dress? Not really. Cover up? Not so much. I still am at a loss of adjectives for this one.
At first, I thought about just sewing up the button front and making an actual dress of it. However, I just couldn't see a seam up the middle of my stomach/chest being flattering, so I had to go another way of it. I decided to take away a lot of the fabric in order to put more emphasis on the crocheted back.
Unfortunately, I have absolutely no pictures of this process, so I'll have to go at this the Kindergarten way and "use my words". First thing I did was cut the bottom just above the fourth button and then hemmed the bottom. Because the fabric was a bit stretchy, I went around the bottom hem twice. I then cut the sleeves off to 3/4 sleeves. I realized at this point that the fabrci wasn't fraying, ripping or destroying itself in any other way without an actual hem, so I decided to leave the sleeves with raw edges. As I planned on scrunching them up anyway, no one would notice if they were slightly uneven. (Which they didn't. Or, at least, no one pointed and laughed.)
And that's it! It was pretty easy, peasy and a great cardigan for St Patrick's Day. I got a lot of compliments on the back now that it was more prominent without all the extraneous fabric. I have worn this pretty often since - it's becoming quite the staple to my wardrobe.