Thursday, May 9, 2013

I Hate To Do This Again

Welcome to Thursday ya'll!

Unfortunately, I don't have a post for this week. I've started my job and it's honestly taken up pretty much 100% of my brain power. When I get home, I typically dive right into creating a dinner for me and the hubster and that's the end of my mental output for the day. I had no idea I would be this exhausted! A big part of it is that I am no longer completely confident in what I'm doing. Folks, there IS fear in the unknown, and that fear is exhausting. I can feel myself already getting comfortable with job tasks, so I soon see myself more confident and, in result, having more energy at the end of the day.

Just a few things that I am looking forward to to keep ya'lls interests piqued:

- Remember at the beginning of the year I made my resolutions? Two of those resolutions were to get healthier, and experience the city of Syracuse more. While I've certainly not managed the healthy part this week (I have yet to eat my lunch all the way through - too anxious to get things done!), my new place of employment has a 3.5 walk/run coming up mid-June that they have invited me to go on. I haven't yet given my answer, but I'm thinking about participating. This is definitely a "two birds with one stone" situation. I will have to complete some training of some sort to run this race, although knowing it's okay to walk and some people are walking the whole thing makes me feel a bit better about that. This makes me healthier. It is also a race that the entire city of Syracuse participates in. Thousands of people join together in the race and have dinner at the end, catered by a pretty popular restaurant here. This certainly makes me experience Syracuse. In summation - I'm thinking about signing up for it. It'll certainly be out of my comfort zone. I will be with my new coworkers, whom I know pretty little at this point, and will be showing them my unfortunate athletic skills. Therein lies the "maybe next year" thought. We'll see how it goes. 

- Even though I don't have a project to present to you this week, it doesn't mean I don't have something in the works! I've been working on a dress that is surprisingly hard. This is part of the reason why you're not seeing it - the additional brainpower it requires was just not there for me this week. I looked through my past few projects and felt a bit discouraged. Yes, I've been practicing and "tweaking" thrift items, but it's been some time since I've attempted to transform something. In result, I chose the worst looking garment on my "to be refashioned" rack and decided "this is being transformed into something great. That "something great" is in process and, as always, bad or good you will see the result!

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend! I will be spending time with my beautiful mother for Mother's Day and working a bit on my new dress, so I'm certainly excited for this weekend to come upon us! Happy Birthday to you hardworking mom's out there - I still don't know how you do it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment